Disney and Pixar has charmed many generations with their creative, fun, and magical animations and storylines. Disney is something for everyone, both for the young and the old; it connects adults to their inner youth and connects children to the world. Even Disney and Pixar's romance tales are innocently, yet amazingly displayed for a general, wide range of audience. I personally think Disney's love stories are the cutest fairy tales a girl can ever dream of. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, let's take a look at my Top 8 Disney and Pixar Romances, from the new and the classics!
1. Let's start with my ultimate number one choice, ever. The love story of UP's Carl and Ellie. The first ten minutes of the movie UP are absolutely the best ten minutes a person can ever spend watching a movie. Multiply that by the number of times you watch it because trust me, you can never ever EVER in this universe get sick of it. Carl and Ellie's love story started in their childhood and from there, they've been together since. Their childhood was seriously adorable, my favorite part being the scene where Ellie shows Carl her "Adventure Book" under a blanket tent. Their marriage was a beautiful one, until she passed away, that is. I would call it the number one, best romance Pixar has ever come up with. If you haven't already seen it, check it out for yourself!
2. My second most favorite romance after UP would be Tangled's Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. They have got to be the cutest Disney Princess couple ever! They are so different compared to the usual fairy tales; their personalities really stood out, making me love them as a couple even more. Flynn had so much confidence and his conceitedness made their romance so much more humorous, right from their very first meeting, as you can watch below. Putting the two together for a day means a whole lot of fun and adventure. Additionally, I personally think Rapunzel and Flynn look absolutely gorgeous together; I'm sure they will have beautiful children if Disney ever decides to release a sequel!
3. Beauty and the Beast, in my opinion was a beautiful romance, not because Beast was a handsome prince after the spell was broken, but because Belle loved Beast despite his furry appearance. She loved him for who he was. They showed the world love begins from the heart, not pleasure to the eyes. And one of my favorite things about their story was that instead of money and jewelry, Beast gave Belle a library. A LIBRARY! Oh how I would swoon if a guy ever gave me a grand library. Beast himself has insecurity issues and imperfections that only make the love seem more real. He's definitely not your typical prince!
4. Although Wall-E and EVE were robots, their futuristic romance was a powerful one. It was a new type of romance, showing how robots can have hearts and can love too. I thought they were an adorable, touching couple. Wall-E, a robot himself, was able to turn a cold, hostile robot into a loving one. I especially loved the scene where Wall-E took EVE on their 'first date' and he put Christmas lights around her to take her places while she was in standby mode. Their kisses were adorable as well!
5. Although Tarzan and Jane came from two completely different worlds, they still managed to fall in love despite their differences. I love how Tarzan and Jane had a language barrier between each other. It made their communication with each other special. They showed how love is not just shown through words, but by gestures and actions. I really loved how one of the first things Tarzan does when he meets Jane is listen to her heartbeat and mimics her. It's so cute!
6. Like the Emperor said, "You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty." Mulan and Li Shang definitely make a strong couple. They even went through battle and war together. They saved each other constantly and risked their lives for each other, which I thought was quite brave and selfless of them. I must say that their story was a fun one, especially when Li Shang still thought Mulan was a boy. With all their hardships and cute moments, who wouldn't love this couple?
7. You can always feel the love between Lion King's Simba and Nala! Nala and Simba started out from childhood best friends to lovers, which I always think is a very cute thing. Even years of not seeing each other, Simba was able to recognize
Nala with just a single flip, which I think is pretty amazing. The two went on many adventures and despite a tragic past, the two still loved each other after all those years. Every time they embraced each other, I get a fuzzy warm feeling on the inside, don't you?
8. And of course, last but not least, the original and very classic, Mickey and Minnie Mouse! I see them as the parents of all the Disney couples that ever existed. Without them, Disney probably would have never been the same. Their romance started as early as 1928. I spazz every time I see the two at Disneyland together; they are just so cute and cheerful! Mickey is the perfect gentleman (or should I say mouse) and Minnie your romantic gal. I grew up watching their cartoons and I can't help but think they are oh-so wonderful together. They've gone through so many different stories and adventures, each one is bound to make you laugh and smile.
Which Disney or Pixar couple is your favorite?